No accreditation is necessary for media representatives wanting to attend, however a short note via email would be great.
Time & Place:
- June 19, participating boats moor up during the day / Westhafen Wismar
- June 19, 7.00 pm / skipper briefing / Wismar (exact place tbc)
- June 20, morning / final preparations for the start / Westhafen Wismar
- June 20 11.00 am-2.00 pm / Wissemara excursion to the race start / Am Alten Hafen, Wismar
- June 20, 12.30 pm / viewing point for the race start / pier Wendorf
- June 20, 1.00 pm / start signal / starting line between the Schwedenköpfe
VIDEOS / PHOTOS / TEXTS
All material on this website can be republished under courtesy, free of charge and unrestricted.
Unless otherwise stated, the source is MidsummerSail.
If the download resolution of a photo (for example) is not of sufficient quality, please contact below:
+49 176 580 340 71
press release / June 27, 2019
New record at MidsummerSail!
Sailing yacht PURE crosses the Baltic Sea in record time!
Maike and Uwe Prieß crossed the finish line of the MidsummerSail 2019 at 06.38 hours on June 27th.
They set a new MidsummerSail record with their sailing yacht PURE, a 40-foot Judel / Vrolijk One Off,
It took them 5 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes, 46 seconds to sail from the southernmost point to the northernmost point of the Baltic Sea.
The Swedish town of Töre where the finish line is will be celebrating the successful sailors’ arrival with a Midsummer Harbour party on Saturday the 29th of June, where the awards ceremony will be held.
Meanwhile, eight more crews are fighting to reach the finish and the magically endless days of the Scandinavian Midsummer.
The race can be followed on the tracker: